In our opinion, any occasion is a cause for celebration! And here at Go Ape, we’ve certainly had a lot of occasions to celebrate recently, what with many of our courses reaching the big 1-0! Oh, and let’s not forget that it was Go Ape’s 15th birthday a couple of months ago, too.
Our celebrations have included hours of monkeying around in the treetops, topped with excessive amounts of banana cake, which is OK, because we burned off those cals combatting obstacles in the canopy!
Do you have a company milestone coming up? It could be a big birthday, or perhaps you’re a few weeks away from reaching a sales target. Maybe you’re a smaller company and (after plenty of hard graft) you’ve just started turning a profit. Whatever your milestone, you should round-up your tribe and celebrate! Here are eight suggestions for what you can do:
1. Follow in our ape-shaped footsteps by booking a Tree Top Adventure at Go Ape! Take it from us, there’s nothing quite like celebrating in the canopy!
2. Break open the bubbly in the office this Friday afternoon (don’t forget non-alcoholic alternatives for those who drove in or don’t drink).
3. Say it with food by putting on a lunchtime feast for your tribe. In this weather, we find that BBQs and picnics go down a treat!
4. If your tribe have helped you to achieve a financial target, share the love with a surprise bonus in their pay packets.
5. Purchase a bunch of tickets for a local, upcoming show or concert you know your tribe will love.
6. Let your tribe have an extra day’s holiday this year, on you.
7. Learn a new skill en-masse with your tribe by booking a class. Ask your tribe what they’d like to do, Master pottery? Learn the samba? Make (and eat) some chocolate?
8. Buy some new equipment for the office for your tribe to enjoy. We have a table tennis here at Banana HQ and it’s provided us with endless hours of fun albeit sweaty fun.
When you reach your milestone whether it’s a company anniversary or target it’s really important to get your tribe together and thank them personally. After all, without them, you wouldn’t have reached that milestone, and together they will help you to reach many more milestones in the future!