There’s so much talk of customer satisfaction in business of keeping the customer happy, meeting their expectations and assuming that they’re always right.
But, equally as (if not more) important is employee satisfaction keeping employees happy, meeting their expectations and making sure you give them everything they need to feel positive, comfortable and confident in their roles.
Because the thing is, if your tribe is happy, they will be more engaged at work. They are more likely to work productively and pass on this positivity to your customers, providing them with the best possible service and experience. It’s just one big, happy circle!
So, what can you do as a Tribe leader to create a workplace where your tribe are happy and can thrive in their roles and with one another? Here are seven suggestions to get you started:
- Organise regular one-on-one meetings with each tribe member to see how they’re getting on. This will also be a good opportunity to offer constructive feedback to help each member improve in their roles; and to accept feedback in return to see if you could be doing more.
- Let your tribe personalise their workspaces (to a certain degree). Adorning their desks with a few family photos and fun stationery can actually inspire creativity!
- Nature is wonderful for many reasons, one of them being that it makes us happier. So bring the outside in by kitting the workspace out with plenty of potted plants, on the window sill, near desks, on top of the filing cabinet!
- Help your tribe achieve that golden work-life balance. Promote a family-friendly office where parents can take time off for school plays, or leave early for the school run. Give all employees to option to work from home one day a week, so they can enjoy a break from the commute.
- Be open and honest with your tribe. Involve them in discussions, ask for their opinions, let them know about business plans. Transparency is key to building trust with your tribe â and trust leads to respect, which then results in a happier, more productive workplace.
- Encourage your tribe to lead a healthy lifestyle by offering gym membership at a reduced rate, signing-up to the cycle to work scheme, keeping the fruit bowl topped up and making sure the office cafeteria sells a good range of wholesome snacks and meals.
- Let’s face it: we all love to receive gifts. It makes us feel appreciated and loved. So show your tribe you care by rewarding them. These might be individual rewards, like an early finish, bottle of wine or shopping vouchers. Or they might be group rewards, like a day out swinging through the trees at Go Ape! Which, by the way, has the added benefit of improving skills associated with great teamwork (problem-solving, communication, etc.). Oh, and don’t forget, a simple thank you goes a very long way, too.
Another great way is to take your Tribe to the Tree Tops for the day to let them bond the Go Ape way, find out more here.